If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
Privacy of Nominations
The University of British Columbia is governed by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act [FOIPPA]. This Act serves to protect personal information from unauthorized collection, use, or disclosure by public bodies. It is our intention to share personal information you submit, including photos, among the members of the Allard Prize Committee and advisors only. However, you should be aware that, under FOIPPA, requests can be made for access to personal information, in which case information may need to be disclosed to comply with that legislation.
One of the key objectives of the Allard Prize for International Integrity is to draw attention to the positive work being done by nominees to combat corruption. To this end, we will request that nominators consider whether potential nominees will be open to publication and recognition before submitting a nomination. Nominees will be contacted by the Allard Prize Committee to request permission to publish photos and information prior to such publication.
Protection of your Information
We implement a variety of security measures, including a secure nomination form, to maintain the safety of personal information provided through our website. However, you should be aware that no transmission of information over the internet is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee that information disclosed through the internet cannot be intercepted by third parties.
This website uses standard PHP session cookies which typically expires in three weeks.
Disclosure to Outside Parties
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. Unless further permission is obtained from the parties involved, and except as required by law, information collected through this website will only be available to Allard Prize Committee members and advisors, and will be kept secure.
Personal information collected in the course of administering the Allard Prize for International Integrity is collected pursuant to Section 26(c) of FOIPPA. If you have any questions concerning collection of personal information you should contact the prize coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The term ‘Allard Prize for International Integrity’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. While we endeavor to provide accurate information, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the accuracy, completeness, performance, timeliness or suitability of the information and materials found on this website for any particular purpose; we expressly exclude liability for any loss or damage whatsoever including, without limitation, indirect loss or damage, arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
- It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. While every effort is made to keep the website up and running, the Allard Prize for International Integrity, the UBC Faculty of Law at Allard Hall, and the University of British Columbia take no responsibility for and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable.
- The University of British Columbia owns or has rights to all intellectual property rights, including without limitation copyright and trade-mark rights, in all materials on or comprising the website. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics and photographs. Reproduction is prohibited without the prior written consent of the University of British Columbia.
- All trade-marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the University of British Columbia are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. Inclusion of links does not imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within those sites.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of British Columbia and Canada.